The Government also
- announced emergency support funding for rough sleepers
- announced plans to protect private renters, including suspending new evictions
- published Hospital Discharge Service Requirements guidance
- launched a recruitment drive for ex-healthcare professionals to return to the NHS to help support the COVID-19 pandemic
- created a dashboard showing reported cases of coronavirus in the UK
- sign-posted NHS England’s Emergency preparedness programme
- launched a free, open access to COVID-19 e-learning programme
- NHS London Clinical Networks produce a regularly updated COVID-19 Primary Care and Community Respiratory Resource Pack on their website here
- NHS guidance on NHS Hospital steps on COVID-19
- outlined support for victims of domestic abuse
- produced information governance guidance
- published new guidance on managing mental health and wellbeing for adults and supporting the mental health of children and young people
- produced guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable
- published new COVID-19 guidance for commissioners and service providers for those dependent on drugs or alcohol
- produced guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
August 2020: the Faculty for Homeless and Inclusion Health and UCL Collaborative Centre for Inclusion Health issued this statement with regard to homeless shelters opening/reopening during the pandemic.
- The World Health Organization has rolling updates on COVID-19
- The BMJ has a practical guide for GPs on when to suspect COVID-19 and how to respond
- Great Chapel St Medical Centre COVID19 protocol and Hostel Preparedness – COVID-19
- The Journals Critical Care Medicine (CCM) and Intensive Care Medicine (ICM) have drafted an International review of critical care guidelines
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLAM) has produced harm reduction strategies for alcohol dependence
- BMJ paper summarises how to remotely consult for COVID-19, with useful tips such as how to assess breathlessness in the absence of a validated tool
- The RCGP with the BMA have produced this RCGP workload prioritisation during COVID-19 chart
- Barnet CCG, have shared this Barnet Primary Care Covid19 flowchart assessment for assessing COVID-19 patients remotely.
- The Camden Health Improvement Practice have shared their CHIP COVID19 response
- TheRCGP elearning has produced this guide to COVID-19 and safeguarding
- The EMCDDA produced a briefing on drugs management during COVID-19
- The Scottish Drugs Forum produced Guidance on contingency planning for people who use drugs and COVID19
- The Healthy London Partnership has collated a collection of protocols and guidance, including advice for new hotel sites, health protocols, staffing & commissioning guidance, posters and PPE advice. Protocols such as drug and alcohol advice have been updated and there are details for a Single Point of Contact 24/7 Homeless Hotels Drugs and Alcohol Service for London.
- The QNI has produced minimum bridging competencies for General Practice Nurses transitioning to community nursing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Palliative Care and End of Life Care
- The King’s Fund is producing materials and guides to help health and care leaders through COVID19.